At this location we set up our tent at the Regatta Point State Park and view our athletes as they row North towards the finish line. See the map below for the approximate location of where we hope to place our tent.
Here are the driving directions:
Via I-495 from the North:
From I-495, take I-290 (exit 25, West, Worcester) and proceed 9.4 miles to exit 22 (Worcester/Shrewsbury); Turn right after the exit; go through the first traffic light, up the hill 0.4 miles, stay in ;the left lane. Turn left onto North Lake Avenue before the armory. Follow North Lake Ave. along the Lake and turn left into Regatta Point State Park. See above.
These are the other set of directions from the MASS State Park Site as well:
- Take MASS PIKE east (Rte. I-90E) to exit #10 in Auburn, Rte 290.
- Follow 290E through Worcester to exit #21, Plantation St.
- Take a right at end of ramp onto Plantation St.
- Take your next left onto Natural History Dr. (Nat. History Dr. will turn into N Lake Ave)
- Park entrance will be on your left at the break in the median across from UMASS
- For those who have been to Lake Quinsigamond, there are parking issues this year - no parking on the street. Please drop off rower (s) at Regatta Point. The announcement is that there is parking at Shrewsbury High School and a shuttle bus for $5 will be provided. Plus a $5 entry fee to the park. Hopefully there will be more details tomorrow morning.
- Alternate parking is available at the UMass Medical Center, subject to their rules and fees.
You can see the event list by clicking on this link: 4th Annual New England Junior & High School Regional Championship Regatta.
Dogs are ALLOWED as long as they are leashed at all times.