Bare Hill Rowing Association is committed to the health and safety of its members and the greater community as a top priority. We operate in accordance with protocols set forth by USRowing, the national governing body of the sport of rowing, as well as State, local and town regulations.
BHRA offers winter training as a strictly voluntary program, with all our athletes invited to participate. No attendance is taken. Athletes doing other winter sports, who might have a day off, are welcome to chose the one day option so they can join us from time-to-time. This program is a great resource for staying in shape and increasing overall fitness and strength. Open to grades 8 – 12.
Our focus will be on: cardio fitness, core and muscular strength/ conditioning, flexibility and improving erg times.
All sessions will take place at 254 Great Road, Acton (Gould's Plaza). No remote option will be offered.
The program is optional for team members. No attendance is taken.
Registration Restrictions: No participant will be permitted to start the program until:
We will continue to address COVID concerns. Our number one goal is to help keep our athletes safely engaged in physical activity and connected with their teammates.
1. Masks will be worn by all participants while working out indoors.
2. Unvaccinated athletes should participate in a weekly COVID testing protocol and wear a mask at all times while working out with the team. Exception is an outdoor activity.
3. No athlete should come to practice if they are not feeling well. If you experience flu like or COVID-like symptoms – stay home and get a COVID test. Notify and send results to Holly.
4. A Google doc will be used to keep attendance for contract tracing only.
1. Front and back doors will remain open while workout is in session.
2. Two (2) industrial “Scrubbers” will be cleaning the air while workouts are in session.
3. Each athlete will have their own 10’ x 10’ erg space. No erg will be shared during a practice.
4. Each piece of shared weight equipment will be cleaned between each use.
The space is 8000 square feet. It will be divided in half as shown in the image. We staggered the practice times so each group of athletes would spend most of the time in the space by themselves. In the TENTATIVE schedules, there is a short overlap as one group finishes and the other group begins, so the activity will be in a low tempo of cooling down / warming up/stretching mode. If we need to create shifts on some days, there may be a slightly longer overlap.
Registration Closes: Friday, November 26, 2021 at 11:59pm
To be eligible for the first practice, ALL paperwork and payment MUST be received BY Saturday, November 27 at 12:00pm. If you miss this deadline, you will not be eligible for practice until your registration/payment is complete.
PROGRAM STARTS: Monday, November 29, 2021
PROGRAM ENDS: Friday, February 18, 2022
LAST session before holidays: Thursday, December 23, 2021
FIRST session after holidays: Monday, January 3, 2022
This will be achieved through a variety of activities:
The times listed are TENTATIVE. If we have high interest in certain days, we may have to create shifts. PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THIS. A Google Doc will be used to manage participation numbers on each day.
|3:20 - 5:20pm||3:20 - 4:50pm||3:20 - 4:50pm||3:20 - 4:50pm||3:20 - 4:50pm|
|4:40 - 6:10pm||4:40 - 6:10pm||4:40 - 6:10pm||4:40 - 6:10pm||8:00am-10:00am|
|5 DAYS - FULL Access||2 Erg days / 2 Weight days / 1 circuit day||$575|
|4 DAYS||Choose days via Google doc link sent to you||$525|
|3 DAYS||Choose days via Google doc link sent to you||$425|
|2 DAYS||Choose days via Google doc link sent to you||$325|
|1 DAY||Choose day via Google doc link sent to you||$200|
Girls: Coach Holly Hatton
Boys: Coach Gary Piantadosi assisted by Chris Whitbeck